Total Pageviews

Friday 6 July 2012

Why diplomacy fails in bed


He was coming from a family of politicians seeking world peace and higher wages in the deprived countries via the medium of development and creation of business opportunities. I was coming from a working class, seeking booze and freedom; also I was kind of spiritual too using my poor English grammar to express my Romanian myths and fairy tales in a pompous manner. I was given the impression that our “relationship contract” failed to be formed because he didn’t like my hair or my thighs or even my geek glasses. I never thought that I was missing the x-factor. In real life, x-factor is not a mysterious recipe governed by secret ingredients. It is merely a list of things that the candidate partner is looking for, in the other person’s traits. 

This morning I passed by a protest outside the Parliament. The cause was a law that The House of Commons considers to pass related to pre-arranged marriage in Britain. Hundreds of people from several organisations were gathered shouting together their mottos. Most of the organisations were unknown to me, few of them I came across while I was still an activist during my studies at University. 

People that seek world peace protest that everyone is equal and should be treated equally irrespective of race, colour, sex or sexual orientation or any other characteristic. Founding base of the Human Rights Act. How idealistic and anti-conformist it is to defend the opinion that everyone is the same. Sweetheart a cow and a dog are not the same. They both have liver and belong to the animal Kingdom but are not the same. They don’t even have the same dietary requirements.  Why don’t we instead acknowledge our differences respect them and give a friendly match in the closest football court? Then everyone will be happy and the most talented will win. Also there will be profit if we make bets give the profits to the closest charity and everyone will be happy.

Money, money, money... according to Kisu money is the disease with no drug to be cured. Kisu was half way through the rehearsals for his upcoming gig in Bristol. His band managed to get a contract with a very prestigious rock club to play the Friday nights for the following three months. Kisu started fancying the bass player who is 24 and hot indeed; she is the proper rock girl with straight long black hair, few tattoos on her left arm and a handful of piercings in various places. Since he revealed to me his interest in her, I warned him that confusion might be possibly caused with the mix of business and pleasure. Kisu is handsome too, with rich personality and the kindness of a Catholic Priest. He didn’t let me finish my argumentation because his was more powerful. “We only live once... don’t we?” He said with eyes full of desire, dreaming already his rock girl after the excitement at the end of their first gig, and what could possibly follow. “..Or twice” I added. We laughed and toasted with our glasses full of hot tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment