Total Pageviews

Friday 6 July 2012

Fast.. faster.. the fastest.


Kisu had his first tattoo today. I have the impression that his decision making process has taken a faster pace than before. We found some time to grab a coffee in one of my breaks, we went in a cool place near the law firm I am working and by accident we bumped into James. James is the hot tax lawyer; I never thought in my life that “hot” and “tax” could go in the same sentence. He was sitting with a red head girl, slim as fuck, baggy trousers with all stars and a nose piercing that was connected to her ear. Her bracelets were clinging in a destructive way as she was using her hand gestures to explain a tremendous story I suppose. 

James looked at us and said hello as we were getting ourselves comfortable in the nearby table. Kisu gave him a suspicious look and tried to figure out who his company might be. I could see us starting gossip easily. There was nothing else I needed that time, than a good gossip session with Kisu. Ah.. my day was going bad already and Kisu drove 20 minutes from his place to join me for a coffee for only had an hour in order to have our casual catch up. My day was going bad due to work overload in the office. I did all the file work by myself for the day and prepared the drafts for 2 cases by noon. I also undusted some old case law books no one had used before to find out info for the medical case I was assisting. Now everyone uses Westlaw, Hine Online and few other Journal sources to access all the precedent cases and Law Journals; books are too old fashion if you are under 30. 

I took a sip of my latte and asked Kisu how his day been. He is working on some new project fundraising for Orphans in a disadvantage country and next week is the fundraising race in South London with the rest of the fundraisers. Donations can be given online in the www.Justgive.co.uk website. I promised to him I will visit the website and contribute.

Tax-James started shouting to the girl, she was crying already when we looked, she got her hobo bag and left. Kisu and I were staring shocked at him. He threw some money on the table and left furious. Later in the office he didn’t mention anything, like nothing extraordinary had happened. It wasn’t my business, I know; but still, the whole scene seemed weird. I forgot about it the second I dived into the rape-case summary I was preparing for Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment